Please review our Trail User’s Code and ensure the Waterford Heritage Trail and Shadow Lake Park stay beautiful.
Trail User’s Code
- No hunting.
- No motorized vehicles.
- No horses.
- Stay on the trail. Hike only along marked routes. Do not take shortcuts.
- Walk with a friend. Let family and friends know your hiking plans.
- Keep to the right when passed by other trail users.
- Keep dogs on a leash, especially on or near farmland. Clean up after your dog.
- Daytime use only.
- Leave the flowers and plants for others to enjoy.
- Respect the privacy of people living along the trail.
- Do not climb fences or open gates.
- Leave the trail cleaner than you found it. Carry out all litter.
- Leave only your footprints and take only photographs.
- No camping or fires.
- Remember: you use the trail at your own risk.
When riding your bike
- Share multi-use paths with consideration for pedestrians and other cyclists.
- Yield to pedestrians.
- Ring your bell or call out to let others know you’re passing.
- Do not trespass on private property.
- Wear a helmet as recommended, and use lights at night.
- Pay attention and control your speed.